Welcome back to our Academic year of 2023/24...
We will be starting back into school 9am on the 6th September.
Starting from September 2023, there will be updates to the school uniform policy. Students will now also be expected to wear black trousers alongside the black jumper and white polo shirt. This is now a mandatory requirement alongside the usual uniform expectations.
Blackwater Academy would like to inform you that during the academic year of 2023-2024, your child will be partaking in wellbeing walks. At Blackwater Academy we want to focus on not only the academic development but the emotional development of our learners. As part of our drive to support our learner’s wellbeing, we have now embedded wellbeing walks into our curriculum which will take place on a weekly basis. These walks will be supervised by members of staff but will also be used as an opportunity to discuss issues and concerns that our learners could be vulnerable to.
We are reviewing our Free School Meal policy at Blackwater Academy. Going forward we will only be providing FSM to students who are entitled to them. This means that if your child is not eligible for FSM, lunch will no longer be provided by Blackwater Academy and your child will need to bring their own packed lunch into school.
Families who are eligible for FSM include those on;
• Income Support.
• Income Based Job Seekers Allowance.
• Income Related Employment and Support Allowance.
• The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit (from 30th April 2005).
• Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
• Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
• Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
• Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
The school requires this information as soon as possible to confirm your child’s eligibility for this academic year. The school requests a letter of confirmation for this request.
If you have any further questions in regards to these updates please call reception for more information